Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Rootings





I think of this small window as my "sprouting window".  I put my jars and glasses of various cuttings into it, to root in water.  Most recently, I've added some extra big suckers from the Gardeners' Delight and Orange Banana tomatoes.  I read somewhere that you can root these cuttings, and then plant them to grow additional (and later cropping) tomatoes.  I have a little bit of room, and a few extra five gallon buckets, and I'm thinking that if this works, I can grow some more tomatoes in either the hoop house or pop-up greenhouse.  I don't know how much of a crop I will get before the cold weather arrives in the fall, but as I would only have composted these, it's kind of a fun project to try.  Hopefully, they root quickly because its rather a jungle over there in the window!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!