Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sweet, Delicious Peas...





I love fresh garden peas.  There is nothing better than heading out into the garden, and harvesting a fat pod, sliding the fresh sweet peas out and onto my tongue with a dirt-covered thumb.

It's going to be a little while until I get to enjoy that particular spring treat, of course.  Currently my Champion of England peas are only a couple inches high, and the Purple Podded Peas are just emerging.  I think if we get some nice rain followed by warm sunny days they should shoot up and become happy long-legged plants.  And after that, comes the blossoms and the pods and the fat saucy peas...I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!