Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Resurrection


My sage plant from last summer survived the winter indoors.  In fact, it did so well that it started to bloom--very pretty, but usually an indicator that the plant has decided its time to set seed and die.

Before it keeled over, I took cuttings of new growth from strong shoots of the plant.  A dab of rooting hormone and a tuck into damp seedling mix later, and I have a container filled with new potential sage plants.

In the coming weeks, I'll be doing the same with my rosemary plant.  It's got long medusa branches on it that are just crying out for propagation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!