Wednesday, April 8, 2015

One Week Old






It's been one week since the wee little kits arrived, and just look at them: fat as sausages, a nice coat of soft white fur grown in, and their eyes just starting to peep open.  In another week, they should be popping out of the nest box and starting to explore.  Ophelia is such an excellent mother--she is not happy when I check on them, so I don't do it often, but she allowed a brief photo shoot the other evening.  They were feeling fairly lively, and flip-flopped like little minnows when I stuck my hand into their midst.  It's still hard to get a proper head count, but I think there's at least seven in there.

I think, anyway.  Could be six, could be eight.  Once they start exploring, it gets easier to count them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!