Monday, April 6, 2015

All Around the Gooseberry Bush


I am so happy to add to my collection of soft fruits in the garden.  This latest addition is from a friend's garden, who is soon to move to a yet-to-be-determined-perfect-little-house and will be moving her garden with her.  After several years of happy harvests, she was ready to part with her gooseberry bush and since I have been wanting one, it came home with me.  It was remarkably easy to dig up (vicious pointy thorns notwithstanding), and seems happy to be in a new fertile hole with some mulch surrounding it.  With any luck, it will settle in nicely and continue to be cheerful.  It is, thankfully, very hard to kill a gooseberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!