Friday, January 16, 2015

The Great Dahlia Experiment

mignon dahlia mix, from www.rareseeds.com




I've been inspired by the many British gardening programs I adore, and I'm going to attempt to grow dahlias this season.  I love the bright, cheerful flowers, and the fact that bees seem to love them, too.  I've opted to try growing from seed, which may or may not work out, but I couldn't resist the Mignon mix offered by Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  I've been reading up a bit on various techniques, and this helpful guide from Gardener's World (one of the BEST BBC gardening shows, ever) has me motivated to get sowing coming February.

With any luck, I'll have a host of happy little plants that will grow into beautiful flowered shrubby things in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!