Monday, January 26, 2015

Smarty-Plants Book

I recently got a used copy of this book for a whole dollar--and I'm rather pleased with my investment.  This is actually a pretty approachable book.  Granted, it is likely more a textbook type book than an entertaining gardening book, but it is really quite interesting.  The language isn't difficult to wade through, and you know, it's nice to read a book where you can feel your brain expanding and saying "ahh, information!".  Makes a change from my recent diet of all things cheap fiction...

In any case, I'm really enjoying reading about the ins and outs of plants, how they grow and adapt to their given part of the world.  Each chapter is broken into small sections, which is perfect for bedtime reading: good information, in small doses, to mull over before sleep claims me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!