Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Inventory and Planning

The trick to managing a seed collection (particularly if you're a bit of a seed collector as I am) is to do an inventory.  Usually, I do a run through of what I have available (and what I've ordered in) in January.  I round up my little storage boxes, park myself in a comfortable spot, and commence list making.  Usually, I wind up with something that looks like this:
It's helpful to see everything that I have available to me, so then I can come up with a plan for which plants will wind up in which gardens.  That involves a different list of sorts:
I won't exactly stick to the location, perhaps, but planning like this really helps me to manage my garden spaces come spring.  With a good plan, you really can maximize even the smallest of growing spaces!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!