Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tatties in a Barrel

All summer, my potatoes have been quietly growing in their recycled barrels.  This week, one of them was looking suspiciously blighty, so I decided it was time to harvest before I lost any of the crop.  It's really simple to grow harvest from the barrel.  Just tip it over onto a handy tarp...
Dump out the compost, and start sifting.
All in all, it was a fair harvest.  I planted two small seed potatoes in each barrel, and got a fair return on my minimal investment.
Now, who wants roasted potatoes with fresh garlic and young onions for lunch?  I do!



1 comment:

  1. I got greedy for potatoes and dug up a few for a dinner this week. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!