Thursday, August 21, 2014

Favorite Fibers


Given that it appears to be knitting season, and I am knitting away like mad, I thought I'd take a moment to share some of my favorite knitting fibers.  Partially based on luxurious feels and cost, I will warn you in advance that I have a "thing" for merino.

Ah, to someday have my own merino sheep...that would be a glorious, glorious thing.

First off, the spot to find a great selection of yarns at low-ish prices:  Knit Picks
I love their Palette line..so many lovely colors!
Everything from silk, merino, alpaca to blank wool and acrylic, you can find it at Knit Picks.  Plus, they have free shipping on orders over $50 AND a whole line of nice needles/crochet hooks AND fun accessories.  Yeah, I like them pretty well.

Of course, there are plenty of luscious yarns that I find at my local yarn store.  One of my favorites is Malabrigo:
oooh...squooshy color!
And then there's Manos de Uruguay...
I am addicted to the Maxima line...merino...bliss.
Then again, there's always madelinetosh...
so many colors of madelinetosh vintage, so little time...
And Dream in Color yarn...
lordy, how I love smooshy...
Yeah.  I should start a twelve step group. 

1 comment:

  1. Sign me up for that group- as long as there's some Manos d'U to share!
    Joycep

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!