Thursday, July 3, 2014

Weekly Market

It's a Thursday in summer, and that means...it's Farmers Market Day!  I love the weekly Farmers' Market, where I can find fresh produce locally grown, and occasionally get a great deal on bulk fruit.  This week, it's sweet Bing cherries in an 18 pound box.  I'll be splitting it with a friend, as nine pounds is plenty for me alone, but just the idea of cherries in the freezer in midwinter makes me ridiculously happy.  I can hardly wait to find out what delightful things I find this week, that I can add to my slowly producing garden.  Greenhouse tomatoes? Hydroponic sweet peppers? Freshly dug new potatoes?  Yes, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!