Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Garden Produces

The weather has decided to warm up a little and behave like summertime, and the garden has responded by growing giant leaves, reaching for the sky, and starting to crank out the harvest.  Already this week, I've picked swiss chard (variety Five Color Silverbeet), tronchuda kale, teeny radishes, fistfuls of lettuce, red and black raspberries, and assorted herbs. 

It's only Wednesday.

I'm hoping to pick my first harvest of Champion of England peas before the end of the week.  The vines have stretched to six feet long and they are laden with pods.  Now those pods just need to fatten up, and I will be slathered in teeny,delicious fat green fresh peas.  Is there anything better than a freshly picked pea? Well, there likely is, but I've been waiting a loooooooong time for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!