Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer Gardens

Summer is moving along, and the garden is doing beautifully.  Every day, there are new things to harvest, weeds to pull, and thirsty plants to water.
The pole beans scramble higher, and the squash plants spread new vines along the ground.  With all the wet, cool days, my sweet potatoes are growing slowly--but they are growing.
The potato barrels are growing like mad, ready to flower at any moment. I can hardly wait to dig out a handful of new potatoes, tender and delicious.
The tomatoes are setting fruit.  Eventually, I should get loads of delicious Orange Banana, Pink Brandywine, and Principe Borghese. 
Even the sunchokes are growing to the skies.  It's hard to see in this picture, but the garlic has started to dry back--that's a good thing, as I could use more for my dwindling stores.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!