Sunday, July 6, 2014

Road Trip!

I am so excited--today is the day for my mostly-annual road trip to the Winter Greenhouse, in Winter, WI.  I love this place.  Not only do they have an amazing selection of plants and garden goodies for sale, but pretty much all their perennials are planted in lovely demonstration gardens, so you can see what environment the plants prefer, take photos of them in a more mature state of growth, and better plan for what will fit in your garden.

Plus, they have a fairy garden display:
from my last trip...so charming!
I'm loading up two lovely friends and away we shall go.  On my list are unusual shade-loving plants, perhaps with spotted leaves, miniature ferns, and (perhaps) something that flowers pink.  I'm sure I'll have loads of photos to share tomorrow, because this place is incredibly inspiring.  If you ever find yourself in this wilds of the Wisconsin north, make plans to stop in Winter.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!