Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Moving Out

The warmer weather has me hoping to plant out my cold weather loving vegetables: kale, cabbage, onions, peas.  I've started setting my seedlings outside, to get them used to the great outdoors.  Of course, it's decided to be windy--its a little hard on them, but it also helps their stems to get stronger before they are plonked into the ground for the season.

On the porch, I've added a third mini-greenhouse (the other two are inside, serving as shelves for my lighted growing station).  Its a great place to start a few warm-weather seeds as well as give my warm-weather seedlings a place to grow.  It also frees up some much needed space under the lights indoors--my tomatoes are loving the additional room to grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!