Monday, April 9, 2012

In The Mood to Swap?


There is something about spring that makes you realize just how overgrown and crowded your garden has become.  Everywhere I look, there are offspring of perennial mothers coming up.  Yikes!  What to do, what to do?

It's time to organize a plant swap or two.  I am sure that there must be other folks in the area with the same problem, so here's the plan:

A Perennial Plant Swap will be held on Saturday, April 21 at the Pioneer Park in Prairie Farm, starting at 9 AM until 12 Noon.  I'm planning to bring some chives, and maybe some raspberries, and a whole bunch of too much from my perennial flower beds.  I am hoping I can score some hollyhocks or delphiniums.

Because I cannot seem to control my urge to start vegetable plants, and I never have enough room in the garden for them all, the third annual Plant Swap will be held on Saturday, June 2, again at Pioneer Park in Prairie Farm.  It's a ways out, but it helps to mark the calendar before the weekends get too booked up.

Since it is far too cold today to spend all the time in the garden that I want to, it's nice to at least dream of warmer days when we might actually get to play in the dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!