Tuesday, March 13, 2012

They're taking over...


That's six dozen (plus two) eggs in the fridge.  Every day, I find four to six eggs waiting for me in the nest boxes.  Well, actually, one chicken is molting and another of the girls has decided to go all brooooooooody on me, so the past few days, it's been only four.  Still, that means in the average week, I am getting three dozen eggs.  Holy frittata, Batman.

I think I need to start baking.  Or making omelets for everyone I know.  It's going to become like those giant baseball-bat zuchinni that get "gifted" on the porch after midnight: random eggs will start appearing on neighborhood doorsteps near you, left by a mysterious, cloaked lady drifting chicken feathers in her wake...a faint distant clucking will drift across the alleys and byways...who is it?  It's the Chicken Lady!  Duh-dunnnn.

Eggs, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!