Monday, March 12, 2012

It's Raining Men


Ha ha.  Not really.

That episode title sucked you in, though, didn't it?  You thought, my word.  Has the internet dating gateway opened to reveal some terrifically sexy lumberjack-slash-farmer-slash-foreign-accent-speaking-utterly-romantic-manly-man that simply adores our darling friend Cris?

Sigh. I know.  Just writing that title made me a little excited, too.

Isn't this man just adorable?  There is actually a ridiculous amount of hot lumberjack pictures out there.  Seriously, just google "lumberjack" in an image search.  Oh, but keep your filter on moderate...some of those pictures would make the Marquis du Sade blush.  Wow.  Anyway, back to the subject at hand.

No, not men.  Rain.

It is raining today.  Not snowing, not sleeting.  Rain.  I want to go dance in it...but I'd probably fall on my butt sliding across the mud-over-frozen-ground thing my backyard has going on.  So I've been settling for a stand in place, happy wiggle butt boogie to celebrate a nice early Spring rain.  It is the kind of rain that releases that lovely scent of petricore (the smell of dust after rain), and makes the birds sing cheerfully and the trees turn that shade of pinky-green that means the sap is rising and the gutters run with happy gurgles and ploip-ponk noises.  The lake in the cornfield is growing to epic proportions, now only a foot below the level of the road bed.  This may be THE YEAR that it overflows.  Wouldn't that be an exciting reason to be late to work? "So sorry, but the lake in the cornfield overflowed and my road is impassable."  That's almost as good as "Sorry I'll be late, but there is a moose butt resting on my car."

Yes, I really had to use that one a couple of times when I was living in Alaska.  There was this moose, see, that really liked the weeping birch next to where I parked my car in the apartment lot, and he would browse for hours, literally hours, munching on the tasty twiggy branches while resting his big bum on my car.  There's no moving a moose, so when he showed up, I'd pour myself another cuppa coffee and go watch the Today Show for a while.

I think this post is reflecting my strange lack of concentration today.  All day, I have felt a bit off, fluttering from one project to another, a vertiable whirlwind going nowhere fast.  I am so dang tired (stupid time change), but I'm afraid to take a little nappy-poo because then I maybe won't sleep tonight.  Again, stupid time change!  And I don't want to drink coffee or round up a Coke, for the same reason. So I am an overtired, frenetic, slightly manic person this afternoon.

It is Spring!  The season when wild plans abound, projects brew, and all the dreams I dreamed all winter have the chance to see daylight and actually grow into reality.  I have so many happy plans a-foot, I can hardly stand it.  Okay, well, might as well reveal one of them:


I ordered this last night! 

The Hoop House is coming!!  I see watermelons in my future.  And peppers.  And tomatoes.  And winter kale.  And....and....oh, the options of abundance!

Okay. I think I am going to lay off the sugar now.  Happy Rainy March Monday to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!