Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fun in the Sun

Finally!  It turned out to be a lovely, sunny afternoon here in Gloomville.  I swear, I was beginning to think I lived in Seattle...anyway, it is gorgeous out there, which is very gratifying to the soul.  To celebrate the much-desired sunshineyness, I spent much of my day outside playing around in my new hoophouse.


As you can see, the plastic roofing is now fastened over the hoops...


The doors are hung, the windows covered...


And, after a trip to a local greenhouse and some bad-ass construction skills demonstrated by moi, I have four partially filled, 3 ft x 4 ft raised beds and lovely, fragrant and aesthetically pleasing cedar mulch paths within my new gardening space.  Isn't she lovely?  Ahhhh....

Stay tuned for a dramatic paint finish for the exterior wood walls. No, don't even ask.  I will not give out any spoilers.  (I know, I can hardly stand the suspense myself.)

After working hard all morning and much of the early afternoon, and sweating copiously within my very warm hoophouse doing construction, I indulged myself with these:


The first grilled bratwurts of the season!


And then I spent some time with these little cuties:


Awww!  Now it's off to a sunny corner to recline and enjoy a peaceful Saturday afternoon.  Blissful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!