Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Day in Bed

So, as much as I have resisted them, the germs seem to have found me.  I so rarely get the stomach flu, I'd nearly forgotten how miserable a sore stomach and fever can make you feel. 

Actually, aside from the headache, the fever isn't so bad.  I am having some wild dreams (spent much of the wee hours dreaming I was possessed and undergoing exorcism...I don't recommend it to anyone, really) and this strange out-of-body sensation that is trippy.

Yes, Mom, I am taking tylenol.

ANYWAY, I am also not used to spending copious amounts of time sitting on my luxurious tushie and napping in the spring time.  I mean, I should be at work.  And if I'm not at work-work, there is plenty of real-work here on the farmlette.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back under the covers.

I am resisting that though, and trying to catch up a bit on my plethora of unread magazines.  My favorite:  Mother Earth News.

I always find something inspirational in here.  Plus, I love the classified section in the back.  Did you know you can find a yurt online?  Or buy bees, or an incinerator toilet?  You can also contact a variety of faith healers and paranormal experts.  Hmmm...possibilities.


As a proud Farmgirl and member of the Sisterhood, I am a big fan of MaryJane's Farm magazine.  It is lovely, like a little scrapbook and girly vintage pictures and lots and lots of decadent aprons.  Love. It.


Huh.  Just realized that mentioning the "Sisterhood" makes me sound as though I've joined the Masons.   I could be hung by apron strings for revealing...oh dear, no.  I can say no more.  What happens in the Sisterhood, stays in the Sisterhood.  You know it, girls!


Who doesn't like a magazine called Grit?  I mean, it conjures up this great mental imagery of defying the elements, hitching up the overalls, and getting the hard jobs done.  Grrrr.  Plus, there's great articles on lovely and cute farm animals you can raise.  Awww, lambs. 

I'm off to recline under the quilts with my stash of magazines once again.  Maybe I'll read, maybe I'll nap.  I can hardly wait to find out.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're not feeling well! If you didn't have those germs, I'd ask if I could borrow your magazines when you're done. Great picks! :)
    And "what happens in the sisterhood stays in the sisterhood" - ha. No one said it was like THAT when I signed up! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! I still have my sense of humor, so I think I will survive. I even ate soup for dinner!! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!