Monday, June 1, 2009

And it is June!

For a Monday, today was not so bad. Lucky me I work in the school district I live in, so I just drove 1/4 block with all my heavy heavy gear and rolled into work. It was so nice, I even got to come home and have lunch! Which made me remember that I hadn't put out some garbage OR hung the laundry that was waiting in the washer...so nice when you can multitask things. We finally had a little rain, in the form of a very lazy thunderstorm early this morning, so my garden wasn't completely gasping for water by the end of the day.

My new cottage garden in front is underway. I moved several hundred pounds of dirt, compost, mulch and peat moss into position on Sunday morning. Now it is settling in and will soon be ready for planting. I am lucky to have gardening friends who are cleaning out their gardens and are willing to give me some lovely plants--irises and lillies and phlox and coneflower and bellflower and daisies--oh my! I think I'll splurge on some annuals like snapdragons and begonias, maybe some purple salvia, and call it good for now. Oh, I do love Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment! All comments will be reviewed before posting. So, comment away--I look forward to reading your thoughts!